JACKSON FRIENDLY HOME
The Jackson Friendly Home (“JFH”) is seeking an Administrator to manage the day-to-day operations of JFH in accordance with all applicable licensing and safety regulations. The Administrator must demonstrate a sincere passion for JFH’s mission, and have the experience and insight necessary to help shape and achieve JFH’s strategic plan. The Jackson Friendly Home is a licensed Home for the Aged that serves 44 women over the age of 55. Twenty eight staff members managed the 30,000 sq foot building 24 hours a day. This position requires 24- hour on-call management and supervision.
Job Title: Administrator
Reports to: Jackson Friendly Home Board of Directors
Delegates to: All JFH Staff, Employees, and Contractors
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in non-profit management, health care administration, human services, or a related field or equivalent experience
· At least three (3) years of health care management experience or equivalent experience
· Shall be in good health and free from communicable diseases, must be able to lift over 40lbs, function in an active environment, be able to perform CPR and provide leadership in critical medical conditions.
· Satisfactorily pass pre-employment physical exam, drug screen, and background check
· Must possess strong leadership and management skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrates knowledge of Michigan Public Health Code, Home for Aged Regulations
· Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and demonstrates ability to perform business mathematics sufficient to maintain JFH financial systems
· Strong leadership, human relations, and communication skills
· Demonstrates an ability to maintain effective relationships with regulatory agencies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the JFH facility to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations affecting licensure ,resident safety and employee satisfaction
· Oversee and manage the selection, training, development, and performance of all JFH staff
· Coordinate the initial screening and admission processes with respect to new residents, as well as consistently manage the appropriateness of current residents so as to ensure that all residents receive the highest quality of care that JFH is equipped to provide
· Ensure good public relations with community, stakeholders, residents and families of residents utilizing social media, website and other traditional means of communication.
· Ensure that each resident’s right to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to lodge a complaint, are strictly enforced
· Monitor and manage JFH financial operations so as to ensure that JFH is operating in a fiscally responsible manner, as well as to effectively further JFH’s long-term goals and strategic plan
· Advance the mission of JFH by ensuring that residents receive high quality care and making JFH a home of choice for others in the community
· Develop and maintain relationships with donors and coordinate fundraising activities, including grant writing and grant management.
· Abide by and implement Resident Care policies, personnel policies, and other operational policies and procedures necessary to remain in compliance with required laws, regulations, and guidelines
· Sustain and build relationships with community and professional partners so as to promote and advance the mission of JFH throughout the community
· Manage and oversee necessary improvements to the JFH facility, as well as work with the JFH Board of Directors to plan for, budget, and manage large-scale projects involving physical improvements to JFH infrastructure
· Maintain open and constructive communication with the JFH Board of Directors, as well as participate in Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, etc., as necessary, to maintain and coordinate strategic objectives
· Any other tasks as assigned by the JFH Board of Directors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position.